Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fireproof

-Waste-
-Rent it Later-
-See it on the Big Screen-

-Leave Now-


Kirk Cameron and Erin Bethea Star in a faith based film on marriage by Sherwood Films.

Kirk Cameron delivers a stellar performance in this film and deserves a "Was That Real?" rating. The rest of the cast did not deliver the same level of performance. Erin Bethea's perfomance was at times forced and the supporting cast needed major help. I will give this film credit for producing a film with only $500,000 and all volunteer actors.

The Plot in this film was very simple. There are couple twists in the storyline but nothing unexpected.

The emotional factor is what makes this film great. I almost cried in the theater and I really had to make an effort to hold it back.

This film places a large emphasis on Kirk Kameron's chracter needing God in his relationship to make it work. Many people may not like the blatant conversion attempts made in the movie.

You can find a harsher but level headed review at World Magazine and find out what other viewers thought at Fandango.

EXPECTATIONS:
-WHO?-
-I think I'll take a Nap-
-Sounds Good-

-I Had to See it-


ACTING:

-Get a DAY JOB-
-Ive Seen Worse-
-Decent-
-Real Enough-
-I Was Convinced-
-Was that Real?-

PLOT:
-Shallower Than a Puddle-
-Just Enough-
-Just Right-
-I'm Lost-
-I'm Drowning!-

Links:
See the Official Site
See the Rotten Tomatoes Rating
Find out everything you need to know and get the entire movie spoiled at Wikipedia

No comments: